Nerf War Rules
For the first time ever, BronyCAN will be organizing and hosting a Nerf War for attendees to help defend British Columbia from the changeling invaders! Those of you who wish to participate must read and follow the rules below, along with being on hand for set-up and teardown.
- Eye protection will be encouraged. Safety Goggles, Prescription eyewear and sunglasses are allowed. Before the Start of the war, you must have the host inspect them for durability.If you choose to forgo eye protection, it will be at your own risk.
- Headshots are extremely discouraged. Try to avoid them as much as possible. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave.
- Extreme physical contact during the event is strongly discouraged. This involves, but not limited to:
People who do not acknowledge these rules will be reported to Con staff and dealt with accordingly.
BLASTER ALLOWANCE RULES
- We will be running a case by case basis on which nerf guns to allow into the nerf war. A Feet Per Second (FPS) cap of 130 FPS will be in place. We will be checking blasters with the use of a high speed camera a day before the event will take place.
- Dart Types for this War will be restricted to Darts and Discs. This includes Nerf Streamlines, Nerf Whisters, Nerf Micro darts, Nerf Elite Streamlines, Nerf Elite Zombiestrike Streamlines, Nerf Elite Suction darts, Nerf Elite Mega darts, “Koosh” darts and Vortex Discs. If you do have a different ammo type, it must be presented to the host for evaluation.
- Third, the list of blasters that are banned at this event are:
- AS-V.1 Titans and any modified guns with AS-V.1 Titan Tanks as the main propulsion.
- All HomeMade Air Guns. By definition, this means anything that is not “90%” Nerf or Buzzbee parts.
- Pump Guns designed to shoot anything larger than a NStrike Elite MegaDart.
- Super Soakers. Just because it is now part of the Nerf Brand does not mean you can use it in a Nerf War.
GENERAL GAME RULES
The game will run on a Hit Point based system. When a player is depleted of their HP, they are considered eliminated.
- Players will have 3HP.
- Being tagged with a Micro Dart (darts in the size range of 3.25″ x 0.5″ (8.3 cm x 1.3 cm)) will take off 1 HP
- Being hit with a Mega Elite Dart will take off all HP.
- Melee is banned from this event.